The reason Shaquille O’Neal was shouting ‘Chimichanga!’ at Big Baby
|10.16.10 at 10:47 pm ET|
First time it was, “Jumbalaya!”
The next came, “Chimichanga!”
And, finally, was, “Barb-b-que chicken!”
The source of the shouting was Shaquille O’Neal. So why was he doing it?
“I can’t tell you. It’s an LSU thing,” he explained to group of reporters after the Celtics’ 97-84 preseason win over the Knicks Saturday night.
The center was then asked if it was something he did to all players who attended his alma mater.
“Yes, all LSU players,” O’Neal deadpanned. “I can’t tell you our secret society codes.”
But, while walking out to the bus, O’Neal offered a chance to unlock the secret. One guess, which was: It was encouragement for ‘Big Baby’ to eat up his competition on the isolation.
Another mystery revolving around the mysterious Big Shamrock solved. About one million to go.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?