|Report: Former Celtic Charles Smith in critical condition after being shot||10.22.10 at 8:37 am ET|
According to multiple reports, former Celtics guard Charles Smith was shot Thursday afternoon at a house in Bowie, Md., and was in critical but stable condition following surgery. Authorities were searching for a man seen fleeing the home with a handgun.
Smith, an All-American and the Big East Player of the Year at Georgetown in 1989, played 65 games for the Celtics in the 1989-90 and 1990-91 seasons. In 1992, he was convicted of vehicular homicide and leaving the scene of a crime in the hit-and-run deaths of two Boston University students a year earlier. Smith served 28 months of a 4 1/2-year sentence and then returned to basketball, making a brief stop in the NBA with the Timberwolves in 1995-96 and playing in the minors and in foreign leagues until 2001.
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot