Celtics put Kendrick Perkins, Avery Bradley and Semih Erden on inactive list
|10.25.10 at 8:36 pm ET|
The Celtics had already trimmed their roster to the league limit of 15 players, but their opening night roster is now official as they placed three players on the inactive list: Kendrick Perkins, Avery Bradley and Semih Erden. The Celtics will have to play the first 10 games of the NBA with just 11 active players because of Delonte West’s suspension. League rules dictate that suspended players must be carried on the active roster.
The inactive list is not like injury lists in other sports. Players don’t actually have to be injured to be on it and there is no mandatory amount of time that a player has to stay on it once he is deemed inactive. It can also change from game to game. There were no surprises for the Celtics. Perkins and Bradley are rehabbing injuries, while Erden is dealing with a shoulder injury.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...