Celtics put Kendrick Perkins, Avery Bradley and Semih Erden on inactive list
|10.25.10 at 8:36 pm ET|
The Celtics had already trimmed their roster to the league limit of 15 players, but their opening night roster is now official as they placed three players on the inactive list: Kendrick Perkins, Avery Bradley and Semih Erden. The Celtics will have to play the first 10 games of the NBA with just 11 active players because of Delonte West’s suspension. League rules dictate that suspended players must be carried on the active roster.
The inactive list is not like injury lists in other sports. Players don’t actually have to be injured to be on it and there is no mandatory amount of time that a player has to stay on it once he is deemed inactive. It can also change from game to game. There were no surprises for the Celtics. Perkins and Bradley are rehabbing injuries, while Erden is dealing with a shoulder injury.
The Heat had a minor surprise as they placed Mario Chalmers on the injured list along with Mike Miller, who is out until January with hand injury, and rookie Dexter Pittman.
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...