|Doc: Shaq attack starting Tuesday||10.25.10 at 2:59 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Barring any unforeseen changes, Shaquille O’Neal will make his Celtics debut as the starting center on opening night against LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat on Tuesday night at TD Garden.
“Most likely Shaq, to be honest,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said following Monday’s practice. “We haven’t officially announced it but most likely.”
Rivers added that back-up centers Jermaine O’Neal and Semih Erden will both suit up and be ready to play. O’Neal has been playing with torn cartilage in his left wrist while Erden has a sore shoulder that Rivers indicated will take some “managing” to keep him healthy enough to play.
- Clippers re-engage in talks with Celtics, determined to get deal done
- Boston Celtics Links 6/19
- SBNation's Blogger Mock Draft
- Doc Rivers will make first public comments on future since end of season
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Danny and Doc had a Splittsville On Ubuntu!!!!