Doc: Shaq attack starting Tuesday
|10.25.10 at 2:59 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Barring any unforeseen changes, Shaquille O’Neal will make his Celtics debut as the starting center on opening night against LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat on Tuesday night at TD Garden.
“Most likely Shaq, to be honest,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said following Monday’s practice. “We haven’t officially announced it but most likely.”
Rivers added that back-up centers Jermaine O’Neal and Semih Erden will both suit up and be ready to play. O’Neal has been playing with torn cartilage in his left wrist while Erden has a sore shoulder that Rivers indicated will take some “managing” to keep him healthy enough to play.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...