Irish Coffee: Top 5 Celtics fan dances
|11.19.10 at 10:46 am ET|
Wake up with the Celtics and your daily dose of Irish Coffee ‘¦
It’s Irish Coffee’s version of a free-form Friday. One of my guilty pleasures in the Garden is watching the Jumbotron shenanigans during timeouts. So, just for fun, let’s take a look at the top five dances caught on tape at Celtics games …
1. The world-famous Bon Jovi dance.
2. A 7-year-old teaches Soulja Boy how to move.
3. A storm trooper dominates the disco (at the 1:10 mark).
4. A redhead breaks out the big guns.
5. Mr. Roboto dances to “Beat It” and kills it.
LASME COMES UP LAME
So much for the “call up Stephane Lasme and cut Von Wafer” discussion. The one-time UMass standout and final roster cut of the Celtics reportedly suffered a stress fracture in his left foot and underwent surgery.
Now, if the C’s opt for further depth in the post, they’ll have to turn to Magnum Rolle or Tiny Gallon on the Maine Red Claws.
CAST YOUR ALL-STAR BALLOT
The NBA released the 2011 All-Star Game ballot, and all five Celtics starters made the cut. That’s not nearly as ridiculous as some of the names listed. Here are the worst of the bunch:
- Mario Chalmers: He’s tearing up the league to the tune of 1.1 points and 1.4 assists per game.
- Carlos Boozer: He’s only been injured all year, but maybe he got nominated as the best-dressed player in the league?
- Linas Kleiza: I forgot he was even in the league (if you consider the Raptors part of the league).
- Corey Brewer: Well, he is the fifth-leading scorer on a 4-9 Timberwolves team.
- Derek Fisher: In the discussion of great point guards out West, he’s right up there with Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Oh, wait, no he’s not.
ARENAS HEAPS PRAISE ON RONDO
“As a point guard, uh, former point guard watching what he’s done with his talent, it’s amazing,” Arenas told the Washington Post. “With players like Rondo, Steve Nash, point guards that have the ball so much, you have the ball so much that you’re going to have assists. Just run around finding players. He’s great at it. It’s amazing what people were saying when the Big Three first got here, and now he’s just come into his own.”
MORE FRIDAY VIDEO ENTERTAINMENT
After watching five videos of people dancing at Celtics games, if you feel like wasting more time at work on this Friday morning, here are two more videos: 1) Justin Bieber gets booed in Boston for saying he’s a Lakers fan, and 2) Chris Bosh says “[Erik Spoelstra wants to work; we want to chill.” Good times.
(Have a question, concern or conception for tomorrow’s Irish Coffee? Send a message to @brohrbach on Twitter.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason