|Rajon Rondo has strained left hammy||11.19.10 at 11:07 pm ET|
Rajon Rondo sustained a strained left hamstring with just over six minutes remaining in the fourth quarter of Friday’s 89-84 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder at TD Garden.
Just moments after picking up his fifth foul, Rondo fell to the floor and didn’t get up immediately while holding his left leg. Trainer Ed Lacerte came onto the court and gave him treatment. Rondo stayed in the game following a 20-second timeout but eventually left a minute later for Delonte West while team trainers stretched out his left leg on the sideline.
Rondo, who was held to seven assists on the night, returned with 4:57 left but coach Doc Rivers took him out for good just 13 seconds later and replaced him with West. “He just wasn’t running right,” Rivers explained afterward.
Rondo’s status for Sunday’s game in Toronto is unknown.
“Just get treatment [Saturday] and we’ll see,” Rondo said.
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - news, rumors, and opinion
- Should Chris Wilcox Get Another Stint With The Celtics?
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/18
- Kevin Garnett will not have surgery on his ankle/foot