Rajon Rondo has strained left hammy
|11.19.10 at 11:07 pm ET|
Just moments after picking up his fifth foul, Rondo fell to the floor and didn’t get up immediately while holding his left leg. Trainer Ed Lacerte came onto the court and gave him treatment. Rondo stayed in the game following a 20-second timeout but eventually left a minute later for Delonte West while team trainers stretched out his left leg on the sideline.
Rondo, who was held to seven assists on the night, returned with 4:57 left but coach Doc Rivers took him out for good just 13 seconds later and replaced him with West. “He just wasn’t running right,” Rivers explained afterward.
Rondo’s status for Sunday’s game in Toronto is unknown.
“Just get treatment [Saturday] and we’ll see,” Rondo said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...