Delonte West breaks his right wrist
|11.24.10 at 8:41 pm ET|
The Celtics guard depth – already down with the left hamstring injury to Rajon Rondo – took a major hit Wednesday night when Delonte West broke his right wrist when he fell to the ground under the Celtics basket after making a spectacular lay-up with 2:48 left in the second quarter. He was on the court for about two minutes as trainer Ed Lacerte tended to him.
He got up holding his wrist in place and wincing in pain. He went immediately to the Celtics locker room with Lacerte for further evaluation.
Dr. Brian McKeon and Lacerte administered the exam during halftime. The team said there is no immediate timetable for his return.
West, a left-handed shooter, broke the same wrist in 2008-09 but only missed 16 games. Nate Robinson started Friday night for the third straight game in place of Rondo but picked up his fourth foul just 40 seconds into the third quarter.
Marquis Daniels entered the game for the Celtics and ran the point.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...