Delonte West wrist surgery set for Tuesday
|11.29.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Celtics coach Doc Rivers announced that guard Delonte West will have surgery on Tuesday for the fractured right wrist he suffered last Wednesday night late in the second quarter against New Jersey after driving in for a lay-up. Rivers said the team will know more about West and his fate for the rest of the season following the procedure.
“Surgery [Tuesday] and then we’ll know more after that,” Rivers said after practice on Monday.
Rivers aded starting point guard Rajon Rondo‘s left hamstring is no longer an issue but his sore left foot still remains troublesome. ‘The foot is the bigger issue. The hamstring [injury] is gone for the most part.’ Rivers said.
Rondo returned on Friday against Toronto after a three-game absence with a strained left hamstring.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?