|Delonte West wrist surgery set for Tuesday||11.29.10 at 2:41 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Celtics coach Doc Rivers announced that guard Delonte West will have surgery on Tuesday for the fractured right wrist he suffered last Wednesday night late in the second quarter against New Jersey after driving in for a lay-up. Rivers said the team will know more about West and his fate for the rest of the season following the procedure.
“Surgery [Tuesday] and then we’ll know more after that,” Rivers said after practice on Monday.
Rivers aded starting point guard Rajon Rondo’s left hamstring is no longer an issue but his sore left foot still remains troublesome. “The foot is the bigger issue. The hamstring [injury] is gone for the most part.” Rivers said.
Rondo returned on Friday against Toronto after a three-game absence with a strained left hamstring.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/24
- Celtics deny Brooklyn Nets permission to speak to Doc Rivers
- Wyc Grousbeck: "I don't know what will happen"
- Jared Sullinger on the comeback trail
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 5/23
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed