Jermaine O’Neal ’50-50′ to play against Philadelphia
|12.21.10 at 3:51 pm ET|
Celtics center Jermaine O’Neal went through his second practice with the team since he injured his knee in early November and said there was a chance he would be able to play Wednesday when the Celtics host the 76ers at TD Garden. “I’d say it’s a 50-50 chance,” O’Neal said. “At some point I’m going to play this week, whether it’s tomorrow or Christmas Day [against Orlando.]. I think I’m doable. I can help the team but for how long I don’t know.”
The issue for O’Neal is conditioning more than the knee injury, which he said has improved.
“My body’s going to be a little sore because I’ve been out for a month and a half,” he said. “There’s a difference between soreness and pain and right now I’m just a little sore. This is who I am right now. This is what God has given me. You deal with it and you move forward.”
- Ainge: Playoffs not a goal, progress is
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96