Rajon Rondo ‘moving a lot better’
|12.22.10 at 7:16 pm ET|
The Celtics don’t expect Rajon Rondo to be active when they play Orlando on Christmas, and there is still no definitive timetable for his return from an ankle injury that had him in a boot and on crutches for a few days, but they are encouraged by his recovery.
Rondo was at the team’s practice on Tuesday, without the boot, and was dribbling a basketball on the side of the court. “I know he’s walking and running pretty well and moving a lot better,” Doc Rivers said. “So I know he’s getting pretty close.”
Rondo injured his ankle in the fourth quarter against the Knicks last Wednesday. He had to be helped back to the locker room, but he returned later in the quarter and finished the game. He has also battled foot problems related to plantar fasciitis and a hamstring injury that caused him to miss four games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason