Rajon Rondo won’t be playing against Chris Paul, Hornets
|12.31.10 at 2:45 pm ET|
Despite being listed on the active roster for the Celtics‘ game against New Orleans Friday afternoon, Rajon Rondo will not play, according to Celts’ coach Doc Rivers. “He’s just not ready to play,” Rivers said. “He’s close, though. He’s getting better. He’ll be back soon. Maybe the next game or game after. We just don’t know yet, but he’s getting closer.”
Rondo has missed six games since spraining his left ankle on Dec. 15 in New York. During that span the Celtics have gone 4-2. For more Celtics news, check the Celtics’ team page at weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?