Rajon Rondo won’t be playing against Chris Paul, Hornets
|12.31.10 at 2:45 pm ET|
Despite being listed on the active roster for the Celtics‘ game against New Orleans Friday afternoon, Rajon Rondo will not play, according to Celts’ coach Doc Rivers. “He’s just not ready to play,” Rivers said. “He’s close, though. He’s getting better. He’ll be back soon. Maybe the next game or game after. We just don’t know yet, but he’s getting closer.”
Rondo has missed six games since spraining his left ankle on Dec. 15 in New York. During that span the Celtics have gone 4-2. For more Celtics news, check the Celtics’ team page at weei.com/celtics.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...