Von Wafer, Delonte West will have contracts guaranteed
|01.05.11 at 8:23 pm ET|
The deadline for non-guaranteed NBA contracts to become guaranteed contracts is Jan. 10, but because of procedural matters, players would have had to have been waived today. The two Celtics in that position are Delonte West and Von Wafer, both of whom are on one-year minimum contracts. Guaranteeing West’s deal West was a no-brainer, but Wafer’s status was in some doubt until today.
Wafer scored a season-high 10 points on Monday, which didn’t hurt his cause but he had begun to come around in practice. “I think he earned it,” Doc Rivers said. “He earned the right to be here. Even before he was playing, he was really working on being a better player in practice.”
Wafer said he didn’t think about his situation.” I never really thought about it,” he said. “Whatever’s going to happen is going to happen. That’s when it starts affecting you is when you start thinking about it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?