|Von Wafer, Delonte West will have contracts guaranteed||01.05.11 at 8:23 pm ET|
The deadline for non-guaranteed NBA contracts to become guaranteed contracts is Jan. 10, but because of procedural matters, players would have had to have been waived today. The two Celtics in that position are Delonte West and Von Wafer, both of whom are on one-year minimum contracts. Guaranteeing West’s deal West was a no-brainer, but Wafer’s status was in some doubt until today.
Wafer scored a season-high 10 points on Monday, which didn’t hurt his cause but he had begun to come around in practice. “I think he earned it,” Doc Rivers said. “He earned the right to be here. Even before he was playing, he was really working on being a better player in practice.”
Wafer said he didn’t think about his situation.” I never really thought about it,” he said. “Whatever’s going to happen is going to happen. That’s when it starts affecting you is when you start thinking about it.”
- Level setting expectations for the 16th pick in the NBA Draft - Boston...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/20
- NBA Draft Combine observations
- Terrence Williams Arrested
- Greg Oden working out, "looking right"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/19
- Hypothetical trade idea (conversation between Danny Ainge and Kevin...