Leon Powe in Celtics’ prayers
|01.07.11 at 11:01 pm ET|
Former Celtics forward Leon Powe underwent surgery for a meniscus tear in his right knee on Friday and is expected to miss six weeks for the Cavaliers, according to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
Even before his time as a member of the 2007-08 NBA champion Celtics, Powe’s knee problems plagued him, as he missed his entire sophomore season at the University of California. Powe later tore his left ACL and meniscus in Game 2 of the C’s first-round series against the Bulls in 2009.
Powe was a popular member of the title team, and Glen Davis expressed what many Celtics felt after their 122-102 blowout of the Raptors: “Yeah, I just heard about it,” said Davis. “It’s tough. He’s a great guy, and he’s had some bad breaks. I pray for him and his family, and just hope that he’s OK.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Rondo Is Perfect Fit for Stevens' Offense
- Should Boston Celtics Strike Now on a Jeff Green Trade?
- C's 'Rising Stars' Legit Building Blocks?
- Will Rondo's Resurgence Force C's to Consider Trade?
- The Deadline Deal Celtics Must Make
- Latest Celtics Trade Rumors, Updates
- Teams That Should Be Asking About Humphries