Leon Powe in Celtics’ prayers
|01.07.11 at 11:01 pm ET|
Former Celtics forward Leon Powe underwent surgery for a meniscus tear in his right knee on Friday and is expected to miss six weeks for the Cavaliers, according to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
Even before his time as a member of the 2007-08 NBA champion Celtics, Powe’s knee problems plagued him, as he missed his entire sophomore season at the University of California. Powe later tore his left ACL and meniscus in Game 2 of the C’s first-round series against the Bulls in 2009.
Powe was a popular member of the title team, and Glen Davis expressed what many Celtics felt after their 122-102 blowout of the Raptors: “Yeah, I just heard about it,” said Davis. “It’s tough. He’s a great guy, and he’s had some bad breaks. I pray for him and his family, and just hope that he’s OK.”
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden