|Leon Powe in Celtics’ prayers||01.07.11 at 11:01 pm ET|
Former Celtics forward Leon Powe underwent surgery for a meniscus tear in his right knee on Friday and is expected to miss six weeks for the Cavaliers, according to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer.
Even before his time as a member of the 2007-08 NBA champion Celtics, Powe’s knee problems plagued him, as he missed his entire sophomore season at the University of California. Powe later tore his left ACL and meniscus in Game 2 of the C’s first-round series against the Bulls in 2009.
Powe was a popular member of the title team, and Glen Davis expressed what many Celtics felt after their 122-102 blowout of the Raptors: “Yeah, I just heard about it,” said Davis. “It’s tough. He’s a great guy, and he’s had some bad breaks. I pray for him and his family, and just hope that he’s OK.”
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?
- Clippers call off talks for Doc Rivers - real or posturing?
- NBA Trade Rumors: Latest updates on Celtics, Clippers megadeal for Doc...
- Celtics may be willing to accept two draft picks instead of cap savings
- In honor of Gino Time!
- What would next year's Celtics look like?