Shootaround: Delonte West looks smooth in practice
|01.13.11 at 8:08 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Delonte West continues to work on shooting drills before and after practice as he rehabs his broken right wrist.
With a protective brace on his right wrist, West can dribble to his left and right but has yet to be cleared to return to contact in practice. He is still two weeks away from beginning his formal rehab to strengthen the wrist.
West suffered a nasty fracture of the wrist on Nov. 24 against the Nets at TD Garden. The initial prognosis was that he would be lost for the regular season and was “hopeful” to return for the playoffs.
But following surgery on the wrist, West has been steady progress and last week received good news that he could discard the hard cast and go with just the protective brace. He is still at least two weeks away from aggressive rehab on the wrist and is hopeful to return to action sometime at or around the All-Star break.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...