Shootaround: Delonte West looks smooth in practice
|01.13.11 at 8:08 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Delonte West continues to work on shooting drills before and after practice as he rehabs his broken right wrist.
With a protective brace on his right wrist, West can dribble to his left and right but has yet to be cleared to return to contact in practice. He is still two weeks away from beginning his formal rehab to strengthen the wrist.
West suffered a nasty fracture of the wrist on Nov. 24 against the Nets at TD Garden. The initial prognosis was that he would be lost for the regular season and was “hopeful” to return for the playoffs.
But following surgery on the wrist, West has been steady progress and last week received good news that he could discard the hard cast and go with just the protective brace. He is still at least two weeks away from aggressive rehab on the wrist and is hopeful to return to action sometime at or around the All-Star break.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?