NBA will rescind Rajon Rondo assist
|01.18.11 at 2:20 pm ET|
It’s no secret that stat inflation goes on in every NBA game, but how about getting credited for an assist on as pass you didn’t even make? That was the case Monday night in the Celtics 109-106 win over the Orlando Magic when Rajon Rondo was given an assist on a play that ended with Shaquille O’Neal scoring on a pass from Ray Allen.
This was first caught by Sham Sports, an invaluable NBA site, and given some more exposure by Zach Lowe, from the Sports Illustrated NBA blog, The Point Forward. The league emailed Lowe and told him the assist will be changed.
Here’s the video:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...