NBA will rescind Rajon Rondo assist
|01.18.11 at 2:20 pm ET|
It’s no secret that stat inflation goes on in every NBA game, but how about getting credited for an assist on as pass you didn’t even make? That was the case Monday night in the Celtics 109-106 win over the Orlando Magic when Rajon Rondo was given an assist on a play that ended with Shaquille O’Neal scoring on a pass from Ray Allen.
This was first caught by Sham Sports, an invaluable NBA site, and given some more exposure by Zach Lowe, from the Sports Illustrated NBA blog, The Point Forward. The league emailed Lowe and told him the assist will be changed.
Here’s the video:
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?