Irish Coffee: Magic president claims Celtics ‘act tough’
|01.19.11 at 12:51 pm ET|
Wake up with the Celtics and your daily dose of Irish Coffee ‘¦
The Orlando Sentinel executed a midseason Q&A session with the Magic’s version of Danny Ainge ‘ president of basketball operations Otis Smith — and he essentially called the Celtics a bunch of what singer Everlast called “fake tough guys, trying to act hard.” Here’s the exchange:
- Sentinel: One could argue the Celtics are tough.
- Smith: They act tough. They’re not really tough. They act tough.
The Celtics are just 5-8 against the Magic during the regular season since the arrival of Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen, but they own a 7-6 advantage against Orlando in the postseason ‘ and that’s without Garnett in the lineup for a 4-3 Eastern Conference semifinals loss during the 2008-09 playoffs. The C’s ousted the Magic 4-2 in the conference finals last season, when many critics questioned the Magic’s toughness (rightfully so).
JERMAINE O’NEAL HAS A FASHION LINE?
The future of Jermaine O’Neal‘s basketball career remains in limbo, as we await a decision Wednesday on how he’ll treat his knee moving forward this season, but he may already be setting himself up for his next venture as a fashion mogul.
O’Neal will be rolling out a new fashion line of casual sportswear, Le Jaunty, over the course of the 2011 calendar year.
‘I’ve always been into fashion,’ O’Neal told WWD.com. ‘I’m from Columbia, S.C., and my family is very religious. We’d go to church and Sunday school and we always had to dress up. I enjoyed that.’
Just when you thought O’Neal’s season couldn’t get less interesting …
THE ASSOCIATION: EPISODE 2
- Episode 2: Friday, 7 p.m.
- Episode 3: Feb. 25, 7 p.m.
- Episode 4: March 16, 7 p.m.
- Episode 5: April 15, 8 p.m.
SHAQUILLE O’NEAL’S DOUBLE STUFF
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?