|Shaquille O’Neal might miss time on West Coast trip with sore right hip||01.24.11 at 2:03 pm ET|
WALTHAM – Doc Rivers said it’s likely that Shaquille O’Neal will miss his second straight game on Tuesday night with a sore right hip. But the Celtics coach added, after O’Neal missed practice on Monday, that there’s a chance the 38-year-old center could miss part of the upcoming four-game West Coast trip to Portland, Phoenix, Los Angeles (Lakers) and Sacramento.
“[O'Neal] probably will not play [Tuesday] and maybe [return] on the West Coast trip but he may miss that trip,” Rivers said Monday. “We don’t know yet.”
The team doesn’t want O’Neal to play in back-to-back games and they would also rather not have him on the long flight to Portland. One scenario for O’Neal is to have him join the team in Phoenix for Friday’s game against the Suns.
O’Neal and Marquis Daniels (family issue) both missed practice on Monday. The Celtics host the Cavaliers on Tuesday at TD Garden. Cleveland has lost 16 straight while the Celtics are playing their last home game until Feb. 4 against Dallas.
- Chris Mannix mock has Celtics pick Gorgui Dieng
- SBNation Mock Draft: Celtics pick ...Tony Mitchell?
- Mock draft watch: Who the experts say the Boston Celtics will pick in the...
- Lawyer interview about Terrence Williams case
- NBA Mock draft watch: Who the experts say the Boston Celtics will pick in...
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Mason Plumlee
- NBA Draft Lottery: Cleveland Cavs get top pick, Washington Wizards move...