Doc Rivers keeping it real on Delonte West and his quick progress on a broken wrist
|02.03.11 at 4:20 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Delonte West took another significant step in his attempt to return from a broken right wrist when he went through a full shootaround and skeleton practice with the Celtics on Thursday at their practice facility.
“He didn’t practice,” coach Doc Rivers said. “He just did the shootaround and the shooting and that’s about it.”
But Rivers acknowledged it was significant that West could take part in catch-and-shooting drills without any protection whatsoever on his wrist, broken on Nov. 24 in home game vs. New Jersey.
“That’s nice. He did run through all of our skeleton stuff so obviously, the next step will be him going through a practice,” said Rivers before adding that there is still no specific timetable for West to return to game action. “I have no idea. No time soon I don’t think but I’m not sure.”
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics