Ray Allen to partcipate in 3-point contest
|02.05.11 at 4:28 pm ET|
Ray Allen told reporters Friday night that he had agreed to take part in the 3-point contest as part of All-Star weekend. The other competitors have not been named yet, but it is assumed that one of them will be defending champ Paul Pierce.
The captain made a plea on Twitter to face off against Allen this year, which would add a little spice to a competition generally thought of as the appetizer to the Slam Dunk contest.
Allen won the title back in 2001 and has made five appearances over the years, but not since 2006. He’s also closing in on the all-time 3-point mark, needing just five to pass Reggie Miller for the most made 3’s in NBA history. Allen has embraced the chase and said that he hopes to do it at the Garden.
“Actually, I truly am enjoying it,” he said Friday night. “This is a moment I’ve never experienced before. I don’t know how many people can experience this type of moment.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...