Ray Allen to partcipate in 3-point contest
|02.05.11 at 4:28 pm ET|
Ray Allen told reporters Friday night that he had agreed to take part in the 3-point contest as part of All-Star weekend. The other competitors have not been named yet, but it is assumed that one of them will be defending champ Paul Pierce.
The captain made a plea on Twitter to face off against Allen this year, which would add a little spice to a competition generally thought of as the appetizer to the Slam Dunk contest.
Allen won the title back in 2001 and has made five appearances over the years, but not since 2006. He’s also closing in on the all-time 3-point mark, needing just five to pass Reggie Miller for the most made 3′s in NBA history. Allen has embraced the chase and said that he hopes to do it at the Garden.
“Actually, I truly am enjoying it,” he said Friday night. “This is a moment I’ve never experienced before. I don’t know how many people can experience this type of moment.”
- KG and Pierce look fine, C's fall to Nets 96 - 104
- 1st place Celtics take on Pierce, Garnett and the 4th place Nets
- Rondo: "I'm patient and I'm not going to rush"
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/10
- The Celtics and player development
- NBA trade market shifting as season progresses
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9