|Marquis Daniels sent to hospital with neck injury||02.06.11 at 3:29 pm ET|
Celtics guard Marquis Daniels was sent to New England Baptist Hospital with a neck injury after he fell to the ground on a drive to the basket in the second quarter of Sunday’s game against the Magic at TD Garden.
Just 59 seconds into the second quarter, Daniels drove to his right on Gilbert Arenas, lost his balance and fell awkwardly to the floor. Daniels remained on the court for several minutes as Celtics medical staff tended to him and the Garden crowd fell silent. Teammates Rajon Rondo, Glen Davis and Kevin Garnett dropped to one knee at Daniels’ side.
Eventually, a stretcher was brought onto the court and Daniels gave a brief “thumbs up” before being wheeled off the parquet. The official play-by-play listed the delay at four minutes, 30 seconds.
The injury to Daniels was the second serious injury of the day as Davis was also on the court for several minutes after taking a charge earlier in the first half. Davis was taken to the locker room and treated for a bruise to his head before returning to the bench for the start of the second quarter.
Ironically, both Daniels and Davis were injured and suffered concussions in Game 5 of last year’s 2010 Eastern Conference finals against the Magic.
- 2013 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Where do the Celtics go from here? Post failed deal fallout
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 6/18
- What is Value?
- Clippers call off talks for Doc Rivers - real or posturing?
- NBA Trade Rumors: Latest updates on Celtics, Clippers megadeal for Doc...
- Celtics may be willing to accept two draft picks instead of cap savings