Paul Pierce joins Ray Allen in 3-point contest
|02.08.11 at 2:20 pm ET|
Paul Pierce gets his wish. The defending champion in the 3-point contest, Pierce wanted to go head-to-head with teammate Ray Allen, who won the contest in 2001. The two Celtics will have serious competition. Joining them in the field are Daniel Gibson, James Jones, Dorrell Wright and for added star power, Kevin Durant.
While Durant is obviously a big name, his addition to the contest is a little curious as he’s shooting just 36 percent from 3-point range this season. Matt Bonner, who’s shooting over 50 percent on 3’s was passed over, as was Denver’s Arron Afflalo and New Jersey’s Anthony Morrow.
The contest has two rounds with the top three scorers advancing to the finals and will be held Saturday, Feb. 19 as part of All-Star weekend.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?