Ray Allen thinks Reggie Miller is one classy guy
|02.09.11 at 4:37 pm ET|
Allen comes in with 2,559 treys in his career and, most appropriately, Reggie Miller will be on hand to broadcast the game for TNT television.
Allen said he has nothing but respect for the way Miller has handled himself and is glad that the former Pacers sharpshooter will be on hand for the big moment, assuming it does come to pass on Thursday.
“The one thing I can say about Reggie is that he’s been in my corner over the last three or four years since I’ve been here,” Allen said. “I catch him in the hallway, catch him the hotels, he’s always been a great supporter of everything I’ve done.
“He’s taught me how to be even a better person, be a humbled success when great things happen to you. He’s had a great career and so many great things have happened to him. For him not to have any ego or animosity towards me because I’m breaking his record, he wants to be in the building when it happens.”
The irony of Miller’s presence on Thursday night at the Garden is not lost on Allen.
“It’s like the stars have aligned because he’s able to be here and people are able to see him,” Allen said. “I always tell people the record is not just about me, it’s about the people who have built into who I am and allowed me to get to this place.
“At the same time, it’s about the people that have built this record up, and Reggie is the guy who has built this record up to this point and every other shooter that he’s beat out to get to the point where he’s at. It’s a long list and I’m glad to be making my way to the top of it.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...