Paul Pierce expected to play against New Jersey
|02.14.11 at 4:30 pm ET|
The Celtics breathed a sigh of relief on Monday after an MRI revealed nothing serious for Paul Pierce‘s left foot and the captain is expected to be in the lineup when they play the Nets on Wednesday in their last game before the All-Star break. Pierce apparently was kicked in the foot during the Charlotte game last week.He didn’t practice Monday as the team went through a light walkthrough and he will probably sit out Tuesday as a precaution.
“He’s good,” Doc Rivers said. “It’s OK, everything’s good. I think there’s some bruising obviously, swelling. But everything he can play with. That was very good. Obviously the break is coming at a great time. We have one game left.”
Pierce is also dealing with a hand injury that he said happened during Saturday’s practice. He was wearing an ice-wrap over his right hand for a portion of practice on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason