Paul Pierce expected to play against New Jersey
|02.14.11 at 4:30 pm ET|
The Celtics breathed a sigh of relief on Monday after an MRI revealed nothing serious for Paul Pierce‘s left foot and the captain is expected to be in the lineup when they play the Nets on Wednesday in their last game before the All-Star break. Pierce apparently was kicked in the foot during the Charlotte game last week.He didn’t practice Monday as the team went through a light walkthrough and he will probably sit out Tuesday as a precaution.
“He’s good,” Doc Rivers said. “It’s OK, everything’s good. I think there’s some bruising obviously, swelling. But everything he can play with. That was very good. Obviously the break is coming at a great time. We have one game left.”
Pierce is also dealing with a hand injury that he said happened during Saturday’s practice. He was wearing an ice-wrap over his right hand for a portion of practice on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?