Shaquille O’Neal’s status in doubt for West Coast trip
|02.14.11 at 4:38 pm ET|
When Shaquille O’Neal injured his Achilles, the Celtics thought he would miss a few games. A few games have turned into five and now there is some doubt as to whether he will be ready to play on the team’s West Coast trip following the All-Star break.
Honestly, it’s just not healing right now,” Doc Rivers said after the team’s practice on Monday. “We’re hoping after the break at some point. When he first injured it, we all thought it would be a one or two game thing and now it’s been longer. Now it’s getting to the point where he may not play on the west coast trip at all. We’re hoping he will. We think he will. Maybe not every game. Maybe play every other game.”
Rivers was more optimistic about Semih Erden, who has missed the last three games with groin and ab injuries. Rivers said he thought Erden might be ready to go in their first game after the break next Tuesday at Golden State.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?