Kendrick Perkins to miss at least three games with knee injury
|02.23.11 at 11:24 pm ET|
The good news for Kendrick Perkins is that he didn’t re-injure his surgically repaired right knee. The bad news is that he injured his left knee in a collision with Golden State’s Steph Curry during the Celtics game with the Warriors Tuesday night and will miss the rest of the team’s West Coast trip. The new injury has been described as minor, but it’s enough to keep Perkins off the floor and once again reduces the depth at center to the bare minimum.
With Perkins out of the lineup, the Celtics are down to Semih Erden and Glen Davis to man the center spot. Erden played 17 minutes in his return from his own injury problems Tuesday, while Davis handled the majority of the second-half minutes in Perkins’ absence.
The Celtics play the Nuggets on Thursday and then return to Los Angeles for a game against the Clippers on Saturday before finishing up the trip with a game against Utah on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason