Report: Leon Powe signs with Grizzlies
|03.03.11 at 8:34 pm ET|
According to David Aldridge of NBA.com, former Celtics forward Leon Powe — who was bought out of his contract by the Cavaliers last week, thus becoming a free agent — has signed with the Memphis Grizzlies. While the Celtics had reportedly considered the possibility of a return engagement for Powe — who played in just 14 games for Cleveland this year, averaging 5.0 points and 2.7 boards in 13 minutes a night — their acquisition of Troy Murphy took them out of the market for the 27-year-old. That, in turn, led Powe to Memphis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason