|Not so fast on Shaquille O’Neal return but hope remains for Delonte West Wednesday||03.05.11 at 2:34 pm ET|
WALTHAM — Shaquille O’Neal will likely not be able to return to the Celtics lineup on Wednesday after all, coach Doc Rivers said following Saturday’s practice. Rivers indicated he was hoping to have both O’Neal and Delonte West back by Wednesday to help them begin getting playing time to gear up for the playoffs.
“Probably not going to be ready Wednesday because his foot is bothering him a little again,” Rivers said. “Delonte, we’re hoping Wednesday.”
O’Neal has missed the last 12 games and has been out since Feb. 1 with a sore right lower leg and sore right achilles tendon. West missed his third straight game Friday with a sprained right ankle. Glen Davis shot free throws following Saturday’s practice but is still nursing patellar tendinitis in his left knee and is expected to miss several more days of practice while Von Wafer, who injured his right calf during Friday’s win over the Warriors is still in a walking boot.
The team also informed center Chris Johnson that they will not renew his 10-day contract for now as Doc Rivers announced the priority is to sign a back-up point guard.
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin
- Bleacher Report's Jonathan Wasserman's mock: Celtics pick Steven Adams