Report: Carlos Arroyo is the newest new Celtic
|03.05.11 at 3:22 pm ET|
The paper reported Saturday that the team was looking at several options but favored him over veteran Antonio Daniels, who was attempting a comeback with the Texas Legends of the D-League. The Herald reports Arroyo was signed to a pro-rated veteran minimum contract for the rest of the season, and that he could join the team in time for Sunday’s game against Milwaukee.
Arroyo was waived by the Heat earlier this week to make room for the signing of Mike Bibby. In 49 games this year (42 starts) for the Heat, Arroyo averaged 5.6 points and 2.0 assists per game in just over 20 minutes a night.
To make room for Arroyo, the team informed center Chris Johnson after Saturday’s practice they would not be extending his 10-day contract.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason