Shaq on his health, being the ‘black Steve Jobs’ and ’18-25′
|03.10.11 at 12:54 pm ET|
Speaking with ‘Mut & Merloni’ Thursday afternoon on WEEI, Celtics center Shaquille O’Neal said he was ‘getting better’ in the wake of an Achilles injury that has left him on the shelf for the last month.
‘The older you get, it takes time to heal,’ O’Neal said. ‘I’m getting better. Getting stronger. There’s still a little pain.’
The 39-year-old O’Neal said the Celtics are looking at the ‘18-25 thing,’ which he described as 18 titles for “beautiful people of Boston,’ as well as a second title for coach Doc Rivers and the rest of the ‘Big 4,’ and a fifth title for him. As a result, he said the Celtics are being cautious about not rushing him back too quickly
‘The team is playing well. [Nenad] Kristic is doing a fabulous job. And they want me 1,000 percent, especially for the postseason,’ he said. ‘Because that’s when it really counts.’
O’Neal ‘ who called himself ‘the black Steve Jobs’ when he started talking about some of his business ventures ‘ would not give a specific date for his return, instead saying he was at ‘84.227115566442222 percent.’
‘I can’t give you a date because there’s a little pain fluctuation,’ said O’Neal when pressed about a possible return. ‘I’ve been told by Doc, [trainer] Ed Lacerte, and [team physician] Brian McKeon to not even come talk until I’m 100 percent. I’m work out, shooting, doing light stuff. When the pain is gone, they told me to add three days [then he’ll be back.]’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...