Delonte West is ready for his next return
|03.16.11 at 7:12 pm ET|
For the third time this season Delonte West is ready to make a comeback. His latest setback was a sprained ankle, but it was actually a little bit worse than that. West said before the Celtics game with Indiana that he actually chipped a bone in his ankle when he rolled it over a coach’s foot during a shootaround in late February.
“A standard ankle sprain I was thinking two to three days and I’ve been out for about two weeks,” West said. “I’ve waited this long, what’s two more weeks? We’re here now again, so I’m looking forward to playing.”
West has been out since Feb. 26 and he has missed all but eight games this season due to an NBA suspension, a broken wrist and his ankle injury. He said his goal is to get ready for the playoffs with the time he has left.
“The only thing to do know between now and the playoffs is to gain the trust of my teammates and the coaching staff so they want me to be out there with them during the playoffs,” West said. “I have a little bit of time now and that’s my goal right now.”
“I want Delonte on the floor,” Rivers said. “I want to try to establish more and more the group that we have, the second unit. We’ll see how those two play together. We’ll see how Delonte plays, where he plays better.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...