Delonte West reinjures ankle
|03.26.11 at 12:20 am ET|
“At the end of the day I keep trying to downplay it,” West said. “I’ve had sprained ankles before and it only takes two, three days you’re back in action. I’ve got a chipped bone in there. I think I overdid it the other day in practice. Yesterday I was going super-hard and the ankle swole back up on me.”
West said that he did two hours of treatment on Friday to get ready for the game, but he had no lift on his shot and had to leave the game with 7:15 left.
“Once I step on the court there’s no excuses,” West said. “I’m still going to play defense. When I went up for a shot I noticed it was all in my takeoff and landing, it was throwing my shot off. That last play before I went out I feel like I barely left the ground.”
West will be in Washington, D.C. on Saturday to meet with his probation officer. He is scheduled to finish his house arrest sentence for weapons charges. He said that he plans to join the team in Minnesota for their game with the Timberwolves on Saturday and hopes to be able to play.
“I think a day or two should be sufficient,” West said. “When I say no more excuses, this is the last time you’re going to hear about the ankle from me.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason