Doc Rivers’ son, Austin Rivers, named High School Player of the Year
|04.21.11 at 1:35 pm ET|
Austin Rivers, the son of Celtics coach Doc Rivers, has been named the USA Today’s 2011 National High School Boy’s Basketball Player of Year.
Rivers, who is headed to Duke, averaged 28.6 points, 5.9 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for Winter Park (FL) High. The 6-foot-4 guard averaged 20.2 points per game in helping lead the USA 18-Under National team to a win at the FIBA Americas U19 World Championships.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?