Doc Rivers’ son, Austin Rivers, named High School Player of the Year
|04.21.11 at 1:35 pm ET|
Austin Rivers, the son of Celtics coach Doc Rivers, has been named the USA Today’s 2011 National High School Boy’s Basketball Player of Year.
Rivers, who is headed to Duke, averaged 28.6 points, 5.9 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for Winter Park (FL) High. The 6-foot-4 guard averaged 20.2 points per game in helping lead the USA 18-Under National team to a win at the FIBA Americas U19 World Championships.
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/9
- State of the Celtics: Jordan Crawford named Eastern Conference Player of...
- Paul Pierce practices, might play tomorrow against Celtics
- An emotional week ahead for the Celtics
- State of the Celtics
- Brad Stevens keeping everyone on an even keel
- It's a laugher: Celtics trounce Knicks 114 - 73