Celtics await test results on Rajon Rondo, Delonte West
|05.08.11 at 2:22 pm ET|
UPDATE: According to a team spokesman, the MRI on Rajon Rondo came back negative for further damage to his elbow. He is a game-time decision for Game 4 Monday night in Boston.
The initial diagnosis for Rondo was a dislocated left elbow. Delonte West apparently did not have an MRI, although he is dealing with a shoulder injury.
“I’m optimistic about both that they’re going to play,” Celtics coach Doc Rivers said before the team went through a film session and walkthrough on Sunday. “I don’t know why I am, but I am. I just don’t know how well either one of them can play. If they’re on the floor, we’re healthy. That’s been my motto since I’ve been here and our guys believe that.”
Both players were unavailable to the press. Rivers said that Rondo was in pain and there was swelling. As for West, Rivers said, “With Delonte it will come down to what he can tolerate.”
Rivers also said that Shaquille O’Neal had an expected amount of swelling, but that he would probably be able to play in Game 4 on Monday as well. “It’s day to day with Shaq and his body at this point of his life in the NBA, but I do think he can do the same,” Rivers said.
- Thursday's Leftovers: Crawford's hand is wrapped, Ainge discusses...
- At the Quarter Pole: Team Statistical Breakdown
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/5
- Ainge on Rondo: "not close"
- Forsberg: Embrace the winning
- Let the countdown begin: Rondo 10-14 days away from meeting with Dr....
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/4