|Game 5 refs: Scott Foster, Bill Spooner, Ron Garretson||05.11.11 at 9:56 am ET|
The officials for Wednesday night’s Celtics-Heat Game 5 in Miami are Scott Foster, Bill Spooner and Ron Garretson.
All three will be overseeing a Celtics game for the first time this postseason. All three officiated one game of the Heat’s first-round playoff series vs. the 76ers.
Foster has recovered from his friendship with disgraced former official Tim Donaghy and has received key assignments from the NBA. He was part of the officiating crew for last year’s Game 7 of the NBA finals, which the Celtics lost to the Lakers.
Spooner is the referee who filed suit against Associated Press reporter Jon Krawczynski after an incident in a Jan. 24 game between the Timberwolves and Rockets. Krawczynski reported that Spooner told Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis he would “get it back” after making a bad call and then made “an even worse call on the Rockets.” Spooner sued for $75,000 and a retraction.
Garretson, the son of former longtime referee Darell Garretson, and Spooner are both Southern California natives who have officiated in the NBA for more than two decades.
- Mike Krzyzewski to return to coach Olympic Men's Basketball Team
- Charges against Terrence Williams delayed
- A look at Eric Gordon
- Rotoworld's Steve Alexander's mock: Celtics pick Mason Plumlee
- Boston Celtics Daily Links - 5/22
- Sporting News' Sean Deveney's mock: Celtics pick Tim Hardaway, Jr.
- Bleacher Report's Tyler Conway's mock: Celtics pick James Franklin