NBA Draft’s Potential Celtics: Marquette G/F Jimmy Butler
|06.14.11 at 6:40 pm ET|
WEEI.com continues to provide daily insight and analysis on the 2011 NBA draft. This is one in a series of profiles of players who might be available for the Celtics to select with one of their two picks (25th and 55th overall).
Weight: 220 pounds
Stats: 15.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg
What he brings: Butler does not have one particular part of his game that will blow anyone away, but he is a solid all-around player. He is very versatile as he can play guard and forward, but he will, in all likelihood, be a guard in the NBA. He is most known for being an active defender and understanding the game well. He has a good mid-range game but needs to work on his 3-point shooting. He also posts up well for a guy of his size but does struggle with creating his own shot.
Where the Celtics could get him: First round (or second)
What they’re saying: ‘He’s the smartest player I’ve ever coached.’ ‘ Marquette coach Buzz Williams
Notes: Butler was an All-Big East Honorable Mention in 2010 and 2011. He helped lead Marquette to the Sweet 16 in the 2011 NCAA Tournament. He was a Junior College All-American at Tyler (Texas) JC in 2007-08.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...