NBA Draft’s Potential Celtics: Illinois G/F Jereme Richmond
|06.20.11 at 8:52 am ET|
WEEI.com continues to provide daily insight and analysis on the 2011 NBA draft. This is one in a series of profiles of players who might be available for the Celtics to select with one of their two picks (25th and 55th overall).
Weight: 205 pounds
Stats: 7.6 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.8 rpg
What he brings: In just one year of college, Richmond showed the kind of athleticism and raw talent that could lead to success in the NBA. He also showed some maturity issues that likely will scare some teams away. Richmond has a scorer’s mentality, 10 times putting up double-digit points his freshman year. He’s 6-foot-7 with long arms, which will help him both shoot over defenses and deflect passes. And he’s strong under the basket, 14 times grabbing multiple offensive rebounds in a game.
Where the Celtics could get him: First or second round
What they’re saying: ‘Jereme is an extremely talented player who helped us at nearly every position. His versatility and ability to impact the game in a number of different areas are skills that will help him greatly as he pursues his dream of playing professional basketball.’ ‘ Illinois coach Bruce Weber
Notes: Richmond missed Illinois’ two NCAA tournament games in March due to an athletic code violation. Last June he was a member of the USA Basketball U-18 national team that won a gold medal at the 2010 FIBA Americas Championship.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...