NBA draft day rumors, 10 a.m.: Lakers tried to deal Lamar Odom
|06.23.11 at 10:22 am ET|
Without holding a first-round pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, the Lakers reportedly tried to get into the first round by attempting to deal Lamar Odom to the Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick.
According to The Los Angeles Times, the Lakers offered Odom for the No. 2 pick, and they planned to select Arizona’s Derrick Williams, but the Timberwolves turned down the offer. The Timberwolves countered by trying to make a deal for All-Star forward Pau Gasol or center Andrew Bynum. Talks broke down shortly after as the Lakers showed no interest in dealing Gasol or Bynum.
The Lakers do not have a first-round pick in 2011, having traded it to New Jersey when they dealt Sasha Vujacic to the Nets. This is the second straight season that the Lakers do not have a first-round pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...