NBA draft day rumors, 10 a.m.: Lakers tried to deal Lamar Odom
|06.23.11 at 10:22 am ET|
Without holding a first-round pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, the Lakers reportedly tried to get into the first round by attempting to deal Lamar Odom to the Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick.
According to The Los Angeles Times, the Lakers offered Odom for the No. 2 pick, and they planned to select Arizona’s Derrick Williams, but the Timberwolves turned down the offer. The Timberwolves countered by trying to make a deal for All-Star forward Pau Gasol or center Andrew Bynum. Talks broke down shortly after as the Lakers showed no interest in dealing Gasol or Bynum.
CBS Sports is reporting that the Lakers tried to trade Odom to the Warriors for Monta Ellis. The trade would also include Lakers guard Shannon Brown, but the talks went nowhere.
The Lakers do not have a first-round pick in 2011, having traded it to New Jersey when they dealt Sasha Vujacic to the Nets. This is the second straight season that the Lakers do not have a first-round pick.
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden
- Doc Rivers On His Exit: 'I Didn't Like The Way It Played Out'
- Reunion week part 2 - Doc Rivers returns to the Garden with his Clippers...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/11