NBA Draft day rumors, 11:00 a.m.: Could Kemba Walker be dropping?
|06.23.11 at 10:59 am ET|
There has been talk that UConn’s Kemba Walker could fall out of the lottery, especially if the Kings were to pass on him with the No. 7 pick.
Andy Katz of ESPN writes that it could happen, but Walker’s camp is not expecting it. “There is legitimate concern that Walker could be sliding deep into the lottery or even out of it altogether if Sacramento were to pass on him at No. 7,” Katz writes. “However, Walker’s representation isn’t worried about the number as much as the fit. Walker initially was comfortable that he would be going to Toronto (No. 5), Sacramento (No. 7) or Detroit (No. 8). But the Raptors and Pistons have cooled a bit and a number of teams slotted after the Pistons are actively discussing that he might be on the board when they select.”
Katz also posted on Twitter regarding Walker: “There is a real belief in the Kemba camp that if he doesn’t go to the Kings at N0. 7 then he could be there for Knicks at No. 17, landing at home … Kemba camp is going to work each team between No. 7 and No. 17 to see where he could land. Need plays in. No one is worried, just surprised.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason