NBA Draft day rumors, 9:30 a.m.: Bucks, Bobcats open to trades
|06.23.11 at 9:32 am ET|
The Bucks are listening to offers for their No. 10 pick in Thursday’s NBA draft and are open to making it part of a bigger deal, a league source told ESPN. They also would not be opposed to dealing Corey Maggette, but not just to dump his salary. They want to upgrade their team.
The Nuggets are a team that is looking to move up into the top 10 and include point guard Ray Felton as a part of the deal.
Holding the No. 9 and 19 picks in the draft, the Bobcats also are looking to make a deal. They have discussed packaging both picks to move up in the draft. They’ve also discussed using the picks to add a veteran. Nearly every player on the roster is available to include in a deal in order to make the team better.
Recently promoted president of basketball operations Rod Higgins and new general manager Rich Cho have “constantly been on the phone” the past few days. “Rich and I are talking to every team around the league,” Higgins said. “We’re trying to gauge interest in our team as well as seeing what’s there in terms of the draft, in terms of different players on different rosters.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...