NBA draft-day rumors: BC’s Reggie Jackson may have promise from Thunder
|06.23.11 at 2:29 pm ET|
In Sports Illustrated writer Sam Amick‘s draft notebook, he listed a few interesting tidbits about Boston College point guard Reggie Jackson.
The first bullet point stated that several NBA executives believe that Jackson has a promise from the Thunder that they will take him with the 24th pick should he still be left on the board at that point in Thursday night’s draft. According to Amick, Jackson and his representatives refused to work out for other teams and told them that the BC star “already has an NBA home somewhere.”
Amick also goes on to declare Jackson as “the runaway winner of the high-maintenance award in this draft class.” That’s because the guard not only pulled out of workouts but also because his camp refused to share medical records with teams following a report that he had undergone a minor knee procedure. One executive even told Amick “a lot of people don’t believe he was ever injured.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?