NBA draft-day rumors: BC’s Reggie Jackson may have promise from Thunder
|06.23.11 at 2:29 pm ET|
In Sports Illustrated writer Sam Amick‘s draft notebook, he listed a few interesting tidbits about Boston College point guard Reggie Jackson.
The first bullet point stated that several NBA executives believe that Jackson has a promise from the Thunder that they will take him with the 24th pick should he still be left on the board at that point in Thursday night’s draft. According to Amick, Jackson and his representatives refused to work out for other teams and told them that the BC star “already has an NBA home somewhere.”
Amick also goes on to declare Jackson as “the runaway winner of the high-maintenance award in this draft class.” That’s because the guard not only pulled out of workouts but also because his camp refused to share medical records with teams following a report that he had undergone a minor knee procedure. One executive even told Amick “a lot of people don’t believe he was ever injured.”
- State of the Celtics: Can Jeff Green be a top two player on a contending...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/7
- State of the Celtics: Is this team too talented to get a high draft pick?
- Should the Boston Celtics Still be Tanking?
- Kris Humphries Seizing the Moment, Leads Boston Celtics past Denver...
- Despite a scare, Jordan Crawford and the Celtics beat the Nuggets, 106-98
- Celtics hoping to ground the high flying Nuggets