NBA draft-day rumors: Cavaliers may be seeking third lottery pick
|06.23.11 at 3:03 pm ET|
The Cavaliers already own the first and fourth picks in Thursday night’s NBA draft. A pretty nice haul in any draft, and one they intend to keep according to reports. But according to ESPN.com NBA insider Chad Ford, Cleveland, who owned the second-worst record in the league last season, may be in the market for yet another lottery pick.
Ford says the biggest asset for the Cavs in any potential deal would be their $14.5 million trade exception. Sacramento (7th pick) and Detroit (8th) could be potential suitors with Cleveland taking on the bad contracts of Francisco Garcia from the Kings or Detroit’s Richard Hamilton or Charlie Villanueva. Ford also theorizes that the Cavs could then trade the third lottery pick along with the fourth overall selection in exchange for Minnesota’s second overall pick.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Celtics Will Be Better Than Expected in 2014-15
- Should Celtics Fans Buy or Sell Rondo's Hot Start?
- Lessons Learned from Celtics so Far
- Why Green Will Finally Succeed in Boston
- C's Big Offense Showing a Sign of Things to Come?
- Green's Transition to PF Could Reshape NBA Career Arc
- Could Rondo's Play Increase the Chances He's Dealt?