NBA draft-day rumors: Tony Parker to Trail Blazers was discussed
|06.23.11 at 12:15 pm ET|
According to Alex Kennedy of Hoops World, the Spurs and the Trail Blazers reportedly nearly pulled off a blockbuster trade Wednesday afternoon, which included Spurs guard Tony Parker. The deal fell apart in the late stages.
The Spurs would have sent Parker and the No. 29 pick to Trail Blazers and Portland would have sent Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the No. 21 pick to the Spurs. Other players would have needed to be included to make the salaries work, but in the end the deal fell apart when the Spurs wanted Richard Jefferson to be included as a part of the deal.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, also reported that the Spurs have also fielded calls from the Raptors and Kings regarding trades involving Parker.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...