NBA draft-day rumors: Tony Parker to Trail Blazers was discussed
|06.23.11 at 12:15 pm ET|
According to Alex Kennedy of Hoops World, the Spurs and the Trail Blazers reportedly nearly pulled off a blockbuster trade Wednesday afternoon, which included Spurs guard Tony Parker. The deal fell apart in the late stages.
The Spurs would have sent Parker and the No. 29 pick to Trail Blazers and Portland would have sent Andre Miller, Nicolas Batum and the No. 21 pick to the Spurs. Other players would have needed to be included to make the salaries work, but in the end the deal fell apart when the Spurs wanted Richard Jefferson to be included as a part of the deal.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, also reported that the Spurs have also fielded calls from the Raptors and Kings regarding trades involving Parker.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason