Shaq video chronicles gruesome cast removal
|07.08.11 at 1:56 pm ET|
For anyone who might think Shaquille O’Neal exaggerated the right Achilles tendon injury that kept him from all but 12 minutes of the 2010-11 NBA Playoffs, take a look at the foot-long surgical incision on his leg in the embedded video — pieced together from a series of videos he posted on Tout.
Apparently, Shaq underwent surgery on the Achilles in the month and change since he informed the Celtics that he would retire from the NBA after 19 seasons. He now sports a supportive boot, complete with a chrome lining.
During his retirement press conference, Shaq announced his final nickname — The Big AARP — laying his Superman, The Big Shamrock and countless other monikers to rest. Of course, he only lasted a little over a month before declaring yet another nickname as a result of the surgical staples you can see being removed from his calf and ankle: The Big Staple Center.
Both Shaq and girlfriend Nicole “Hoopz” Alexander hinted at more to come. First, Shaq said he’ll be hiding his removed cast somewhere and will provide clues to its location soon. And then Hoopz tweeted that she and Shaq will be driving to the West Coast and back in an RV. Kinda like “On the Road” but with Jack KerouShaq.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason