Rajon Rondo can bend his elbow just fine
|07.27.11 at 1:54 pm ET|
Two weeks ago, Rondo told Louisville’s FOX affiliate, “I’m still in a little bit of pain right now, but the swelling is down. The only thing is there’s swelling in my joint. I’ll be fine, it just takes time. I’ve got a couple more weeks that I’m off, as far as rest and the repetition of weights.”
Well, from the looks of it, Rondo appears to have full range of motion in the elbow. Rondo, teammate Kevin Garnett and Celtics Director of Basketball Development Tyronn Lue reportedly attended the Marquee nightclub’s BoomBox room on Friday night along with fellow NBA players Chauncey Billups (in Las Vegas to renew his wedding vows, according to The Detroit News), Amare Stoudemire, Kenyon Martin, Rip Hamilton, Rudy Gay, Chuck Hayes and … wait for it … Josh Smith.
Last month, Yahoo! Sports reported that Smith had told some NBA friends that the Celtics were among a short list of teams that he would prefer as trade destinations from the Hawks. Considering none of the players spotted at Marquee on Friday night play for the other teams on his list (the Nets, Rockets and Magic), maybe Rondo, Garnett and Lue found time to make their pitch. Rondo and Smith were roommates during their senior year at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia.
Not that any of this matters all that much, considering Smith isn’t the one that would pull the trigger on a trade and NBA players remain locked out by the league’s owners.
P.S. I’m also digging this “Rondo” track from rapper Skywalker (feat. Czar): SKYWALKER – RONDO (FT. CZAR)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...