Your daily Rajon Rondo update: At Patriots practice
|08.01.11 at 8:36 am ET|
Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo attended Patriots practice on Sunday and chatted up head coach Bill Belichick as well as a number of players, including newest Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco and nose tackle Vince Wilfork, who had developed a friendly relationship with as a regular attendee of Celtics games at the Garden.
Growing up in Louisville, Ky., Rondo played quarterback in youth football leagues, but his mother steered her 6-foot-1, 170-pound son toward a life of basketball as a safety matter. Perhaps that’s where he developed the toughness to finish Game 3 and play in Games 4 and 5 with a dislocated elbow.
Here are some more pictures from Rondo’s day at Patriots training camp …
Former Celtics backup point guard Nate Robinson — a two-sport standout at the University of Washington — recently told SLAM Online that he’d like to play in the NFL should the NBA lockout continue. Not that Rondo is following his lead, although the two did play football at Celtics practice once upon a time along with Kevin Garnett, Shaquille O’Neal and Danny Ainge among others. Here’s the video to prove it …
Of course, for an unemployed guy, Rondo has been incredibly busy over the past week …
- On Tuesday, he told Yahoo! Sports that the Celtics let the Kendrick Perkins trade affect them too much.
- On Wednesday, we discovered evidence of Rondo’s healing elbow during his Las Vegas vacation.
- On Thursday, we learned he would be playing in an August 15 exhibition game against the Dominican Republic national team.
- On Friday, University of Kentucky head coach John Calipari alerted us that Rondo will enroll at the school in order to practice and help coach the team along with fellow Wildcats John Wall and Eric Bledsoe.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...