Paul Pierce: Poker play benefits basketball game
|08.08.11 at 11:47 am ET|
We all know Celtics captain Paul Pierce survived well into Day 2 at last month’s World Series of Poker, but I hadn’t heard him comment much about it or seen what duds he was rocking. Thanks to PokerListings.com, we now have both. First, his thoughts on how his poker habit might benefit the Celtics even while the NBA lockout endures:
‘I think poker has really helped me develop patience and that helps me in everything I do in life. It helps me on the basketball court, to be more patient and to be more of a thinking player and to be smarter out there.’
Now, take a look at how Pierce represented the Celtics at the WSOP, 2008 NBA title ring and all …
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...