|Mainer hit most consecutive no-look half court shots||08.23.11 at 12:52 pm ET|
Bath, Maine native Jason “White Shadow” Gibbons set the (world?) record for most consecutive no-look half court shots earlier this year as part of the Maine Red Claws’ “Shot 4 a Cause” charity program (h/t Record Setter). Gibbons claims he made 49 half court shots last season during breaks of Red Claws games (the Celtics’ NBA Development League squad). He currently travels the country as a member of the Harlem Superstars comedy basketball team and can be hired through White Shadow55 Outreach.
The obvious question is: Shouldn’t the Celtics sign this guy to an NBDL deal? I mean, this guy just drains shots from half court without looking, and that shot is pretty much impossible to stop. It’s like Kareem’s sky hook or Jordan’s fade away. Just straight butter. He can’t be any worse than Jason Kapono, right?
- Celtics may be looking to move up in NBA draft
- Stephen A. Smith back with more Doc Rivers rumors
- Celtics offseason trade ideas
- Ainge elaborates on comments about Pierce and Garnett
- Waiting on news about Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett
- Ainge in no hurry to call Kevin Garnett
- The doctor is in: Rivers to return for 2013-2014 season