Celtics on eBay: Danny Ainge’s Blue Jays bat
|09.02.11 at 4:17 pm ET|
It’s time to take you into the weekend with the sixth edition of Celtics on eBay. We ask, “Would you pay [a pretty penny] for [current or former member of the Celtics]’ [eBay item]?” Confusing enough? Good. Let’s get started.
Last week I actually bid three months of a blogger’s salary (or $20) for Tommy Heinsohn‘s handwritten thoughts from his Hall of Fame enshrinement day in 1986, but someone out-bid me by 50 cents about five minutes before the auction ended. Oh, well. I guess that’s the price you don’t pay. At least I know now that I have a nemesis out there — a Kurt Rambis to my Kevin McHale, if you will.
Anyhow, this week’s item is a game-used bat from Danny Ainge‘s storied career as a member of the Blue Jays from 1979-81 — for the low, low price of $350. A brief rundown of Ainge’s time in Toronto: .220 batting average, .264 on-base percentage and .269 slugging percentage. A modern-day Fritz Knothe if I ever did see one.
Want to waste more time this weekend? Vote on these overpriced/awesome Celtics items from previous weeks:
- Ray Allen‘s Nike Air Jordan VIII shoes for $1,450 (“hell no”: 169; “hell yes”: 115)
- (Not) Tony Gaffney‘s 1-carat diamond earrings for $3,950 (“hell no”: 91; “hell yes”: 6)
- Arnie Risen‘s 1957 Celtics contract for $1,200 (“hell no”: 36; “hell yes”: 11)
- Red Auerbach‘s signed cigar for $310 (“hell yes” 68; “hell no” 15)
- Tommy Heinsohn‘s Hall of Fame thoughts for $20 (“hell yes” 59; “hell no” 7)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Isaiah Thomas to Play vs. Wizards After Missing 2 Games with Knee Injury
- Ray Allen Not Invited to Rajon Rondo's NBA Title Celebration After...
- Isaiah Thomas Will Miss Next 2 Games for Celtics with Knee Injury
- Al Horford, Avery Bradley Out vs. Suns with Elbow, Hamstring Injuries
- Avery Bradley Returns from Achilles Injury for Celtics vs. Hawks
- Isaiah Thomas Criticizes DeMarre Carroll for Flagrant Foul in Celtics vs...