Celtics on eBay: Brian Scalabrine’s practice jersey
|09.09.11 at 12:00 pm ET|
It’s time to take you into the weekend with the seventh edition of Celtics on eBay. We ask, “Would you pay [a pretty penny] for [current or former member of the Celtics]‘ [eBay item]?” Confusing enough? Good. Let’s get started.
This week’s item isn’t even a game-worn jersey from legendary Celtics forward Brian Scalabrine. It’s a practice-worn jersey. We talkin’ about practice. Not a game. Not the game that he goes out there and dies for and plays every game like it’s his last. Not the game. We talkin’ about practice, man. The only thing worse than a Brian Scalabrine game jersey is a Brian Scalabrine practice jersey. And the only thing worse than that is one that he’s actually worn, sweating all over it and stinking it up. But I guess it’s signed, so the dude is asking $275 for it …
Want to waste more time this weekend? Vote on these overpriced/awesome Celtics items from previous weeks:
- Ray Allen‘s Nike Air Jordan VIII shoes for $1,450 (“hell no”: 172; “hell yes”: 116)
- (Not) Tony Gaffney‘s 1-carat diamond earrings for $3,950 (“hell no”: 92; “hell yes”: 6)
- Arnie Risen‘s 1957 Celtics contract for $1,200 (“hell no”: 36; “hell yes”: 11)
- Red Auerbach‘s signed cigar for $310 (“hell yes” 69; “hell no” 16)
- Tommy Heinsohn‘s Hall of Fame thoughts for $20 (“hell yes” 61; “hell no” 7)
- Danny Ainge‘s Blue Jays bat for $350 (“hell no” 36; “hell yes” 13)
- Jeff Green 8th in front court, Rajon Rondo 6th in back court in All Star...
- Boston Celtics Daily Links 12/12
- Doc Rivers Triumphant in Return Against Boston Celtics: Highlights &...
- Doc Rivers Tears Up in Post Game Press Conference After His Los Angeles...
- Doc Rivers Moves On, Brad Stevens Pushes Forward - Torch Passed In Boston
- Doc has his day, C's fall to Clips 88-96
- Boston Celtics' Moving Tribute Video to Doc Rivers at TD Garden