Celtics on eBay: Bill Russell’s signed parquet
|09.16.11 at 4:03 pm ET|
It’s time to take you into the weekend with the eighth edition of Celtics on eBay. We ask, “Would you pay [a pretty penny] for [current or former member of the Celtics]’ [eBay item]?” Confusing enough? Good. Let’s get started.
We’ve had some pretty hefty landslides in weeks past, but it’s always interesting to find out — for example — that 42 people would be willing to pay $275 for Brian Scalabrine‘s sweat-soaked Celtics practice jersey. Who are these people with that kind of expendable scratch, and how do I hang out with them?
Anywho, this week’s item is pretty straightforward: A 4×9-inch piece of the old Boston Garden parquet floor signed by Bill Russell, the greatest winner in sports history. Now, I’ve got to imagine more people would pay $300 for this than Scalabrine’s skivvies. But who knows? Anything can happen when it comes to Celtics on eBay.
Want to waste more time this weekend? Vote on these overpriced/awesome Celtics items from previous weeks:
- Ray Allen‘s Nike Air Jordan VIII shoes for $1,450 (“hell no”: 177; “hell yes”: 121)
- (Not) Tony Gaffney‘s 1-carat diamond earrings for $3,950 (“hell no”: 96; “hell yes”: 6)
- Arnie Risen‘s 1957 Celtics contract for $1,200 (“hell no”: 36; “hell yes”: 11)
- Red Auerbach‘s signed cigar for $310 (“hell yes” 74; “hell no” 17)
- Tommy Heinsohn‘s Hall of Fame thoughts for $20 (“hell yes” 62; “hell no” 7)
- Danny Ainge‘s Blue Jays bat for $350 (“hell no” 43; “hell yes” 17)
- Brian Scalabrine‘s practice jersey for $275 (“hell no” 90; “hell yes” 42)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Austin Ainge Offers Window to C's Pre-Draft Process
- Trade Possibilities for C's with Draft Approaching
- Latest Buzz Surrounding Jamal Crawford, Kristaps Porzingis, Celtics'...
- Latest NBA Trade Rumors, Buzz
- Ranking Celtics' Biggest NBA Draft Needs
- Buzz Surrounding Ty Lawson, Celtics Draft Plans and More
- Realistic Targets for Celtics to Chase During Offseason